Welcome to our website. As an interested foster or adoptive parent you most likely have a lot of questions. We have posted information here to introduce you to the process.
- Foster parents provide a temporary, safe home for children in crisis who have suffered abuse, abandonment or neglect by providing shelter, safety and a loving home to meet their immediate needs.
- Adoptive parents provide permanency when a family opens its heart and home to a child for a lifetime. Our adoptive families care for children by embracing them as their own.
Qualifications to become a foster or adoptive parent
There are many steps designed by the state child welfare system to qualify families to be licensed as a foster or adoptive home. Homes with Hope works within these requirements and brings expertise and added support to help you navigate the system.
All Homes with Hope families are trained and licensed for both foster care and adoption. Though some families within our community desire only to foster and others might have the goal of adoption, we find it most efficient and practical for our families to be dual licensed as we have seen the outcome of cases change as well as families desires transform. We want to be prepared for all outcomes and make the process as seamless as possible.
Click here to download Foster/Adoptive Parent Requirements information
Each potential parent needs to:
- Call the Homes with Hope office for an initial phone interview
- Attend an orientation meeting (both spouses)
- Complete an application
- Provide copies of required documents
- Then our Program Director will run a background check and review your application for acceptance into our training program
- Attend all parent training classes
- Prepare your home, which includes passing a fire inspection
- Be interviewed and complete the Home Study process with one of our social workers
- Then you will become a licensed foster/adoptive home
The application, acceptance, training and approval process can take from three to five months to complete. The length of time depends on the timing of the next training schedule, how soon you gather all of your required documents and how many families are in the queue for a home study.
Please feel free to call our office at anytime for more information.
Homes with Hope 713-864-1885